Latin American Companies Turn to IBM Hybrid Cloud and AI Solutions to Unlock New Business Models
LATIN AMERICA, January 26, 2021 – IBM (NYSE: IBM) today announced that Technology Solutions Providers across Latin America have selected IBM Cloud to bring their own solutions to life and drive innovation with innovative ,differentiated solutions, taking advantage of IBM hybrid cloud and Artificial Intelligence (AI) capabilities.
A recent IBM study on COVID-19 and the future of business stated that 64% of executives surveyed have shifted to a more cloud-based business. IDC also reported that, in the post-COVID-19 era, hybrid cloud is the most important trend in Latin America, especially in critical workloads. For digital transformation, an open and secure hybrid cloud platform enhanced with a robust third-party ecosystem can bring the flexibility, expertise and velocity that companies need to achieve intelligence and resilience for the new reality of digital business.
“While we navigate these times and prepare for the future, IBM will continue to focus on the $1 trillion hybrid cloud market opportunity, co-creating and collaborating with our partners, and investing heavily in the areas where we see clients focusing their efforts – open innovation, security and high-value services delivered via the cloud. Technology Solutions Providers have an important role to support companies in Latin America in their journey towards digital transformation, helping our clients reach the levels of speed and agility necessary to prosper with hybrid cloud and AI solutions”, says Ana Zamper, Ecosystem Leader, IBM Latin America.
Whether building new applications or migrating existing ones, TSPs can manage client requirements with an open, hybrid cloud approach, focusing on developing and managing companies’ mission critical applications on IBM Cloud, the industry’s most secure and open public cloud for business. As Latin American companies are moving to the next chapter of transformation, hybrid cloud and AI solutions are supporting their digitalization in different sectors across the region. Some examples include:
- Senior Sistemas specializes in technology used for management operations in Brazil. To meet market demand for agility in business decision making and to improve user experience, Senior developed its ERP senior X solution running on IBM Cloud and connected with the artificial intelligence of IBM Watson to automate flows and optimize processes.
“ERP senior X offers greater data integration and efficient access to information and reports. The ERP that meets today's reality needs to be ready to support the future volume of applications, with diverse experiences and constant changes. We invested in the new ERP senior X precisely to make it the reliable and apt nucleus to easily enable these new market scenarios. The IBM Cloud understood this need by enabling flexibility and security with advanced AI features for data, meeting our strategic vision. IBM Cloud offers flexibility and security with advanced AI features for data, meeting the requirements for applications with a high level of interaction and the need for agility,” explains Senior Systems Marketing and Product Director, Jean Paul Vieira.
- Mainsoft, a Chilean company focused in Technology Services developed MFTCloud, a security-rich inter-company file transfer service powered with IBM Cloud, IBM Sterling and Red Hat OpenShift. The solution allows users to have full control over B2B collaboration processes for file transfer protocols through a methodology that considers automation, security, reliability, criticality, visibility and the control needs of different industrial sectors, supporting compliance with their public and financial regulations.
“Cybersecurity, flexibility and time to market are keys for all industries and from Mainsoft, we want to help companies through the latest generation of tools.” Sergio Fuentes, Commercial Manager of the Mainsoft group. “The collaboration with IBM helped us to build security solutions for clients of all sizes across the region and to provide our services, enabling them to advance in their digital transformation strategies with confidence”.
- Pattern Cinco, a Colombian company that developed an online software called Piano Roll Covers running on IBM Cloud, helps users learn to play the piano to the music that they prefer -- with more than 300 songs to choose from. The software is designed to be downloaded to computers, tablets and cell phones and helps provide a fast, easy, and autonomous method for people to learn to play their favorite songs.
“We want Piano Roll Covers to provide a fast, easy, and autonomous method for people to learn to play their favorite songs on piano. All the information about our online software can be found at www.pianorollcovers.com," said Jorge Camacho, CEO of Pattern Cinco. "Working with IBM has helped us achieve a differentiated digital experience with flexible scalability to expand our business indifferent markets around the world. "
- Topaz, a Uruguayan company from Stefanini Group who focuses on financial solutions across Latin America, selected IBM Cloud to run its core banking solution, enabling centralized banking operations across multiple channels for customer service. Topaz is able to perform banking operations such as online banking, allowing financial companies with varying capacities and complexity to modernize their core banking processes in a quick and secured way.
“Topaz can be used by banks of all sizes, by companies with a large volume of payments or by retailers, which can launch financial products and have control over this management”. said Jorge Iglesias, Topaz CEO. “In this process, IBM has been essential for us. Their industry expertise, technical knowledge and support has been key to move forward in our own transformation”.
- H&O System SAC, creators of SieWeb, is a school management system that integrates various actors in the educational process, including parents, students, teachers and schools in Peru. Based on IBM Cloud, the platform enables users to manage various administrative, academic and learning management functions LMS (Learning Management System) from their mobile devices or through any browser in a fast, practical and secured way to facilitate decision-making.
"2020 has been a particularly challenging year for the education sector and in that sense, SieWeb has all the functionalities of Virtual Education. What makes us different from any proposal is that SieWeb has integrated the Administrative Management, Educational Management and Learning Management through its LMS. IBM Cloud has enabled our services to be deployed with total normalcy in our over 500 affiliated schools." Said Oscar Choque, CEO of SieWeb. “Without a doubt, the infrastructure has been a fundamental component of our operation, helping us to provide continuous support to our more than 600,000 recurring users, growing our consumption at the pace of our business.
- Mobbyt, an Argentinian platform for creating and publishing educational video games and advergames available at no cost is designed to allow teachers and students to easily create educational video games to learn online. Previously hosted on a local server, the platform was migrated to IBM Cloud to help deliver improved scalability, as more users search for no cost options to develop interactive educational content for remote learning.
“Video games provide great capabilities that help people to learn faster. With Mobbyt we want to empower teachers to leverage this advantage and create their own content for their own classes in a collaborative way. The Mobbyt platform is available through the web, making it easier for anyone to create and access games regardless of their device.” Said Germán Lanfranco, Founder of Mobbyt. “With the IBM Cloud, Mobbyt has been able to scale flexibly according to the platform’s demand and increased number of users, providing an enhanced remote learning experience for both students and teachers.”
For more information, visit https://www.ibm.com/cloud.